For all customs related information please see official website of Central Board of Excise and Customs i.e. www.cbec.gov.in
Import of Pet Animal:
Follow the link for more information on Imports of Pet Animal
The Consulate does not issue any documentation for this purpose. However the
procedural formalities are listed below.
1. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Quarantine Officer at the
Animal Quarantine Station in India.
2. A duplicate copy of the NOC has to be fixed on the crate of the pet
during the air travel.
3. Original copy of the NOC has to be produced in India to get the pet
released from the customs at the Airport in India.
4. On arrival in India, an appointment to be fixed with the Quarantine
Officer for issue of a temporary Health Certificate on examination of the
30 days thereafter a certificate of health to be obtained from a local
veterinarian to be produced at the Animal Quarantine Station. Then, the pet
will be issued a permanent certificate of health for his/her stay in India.
People intending on arriving with their pets as accompanied luggage will
need to have an agent apply for this certificate before they enter the
country. It is required to be obtained in person and cannot be applied for
The NOC document takes about 5 working days to obtain. Documents required
for NOC are:
1. All vaccination records of the pet.
2. Government issued veterinary certificate from the exporting country (USDA
document with the Annexure I/II in case of USA )
3. Flight details / confirmation of the passenger's travel into India / Copy
of the airway bill
4. Veterinary Certificate